Manager of Corporate and Legislative Services - Town of Gibsons
Town of Gibsons
Manager of Corporate and Legislative Services
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Administration
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate & Legislative Services, Corporate Officer
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Exempt
DATE POSTED: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The Town of Gibsons is seeking an experienced professional to join their leadership team as the Manager of Corporate and Legislative Services.
This is an exciting and dynamic role that provides an attractive opportunity to work in a unique and distinctive municipality well known for its leadership in natural asset management.
Reporting to the Director, the Manager of Corporate and Legislative Services holds the position of Deputy Corporate Officer and is essential to the efficient and effective operation of the Town’s administrative function. This includes the management of administrative staff and providing leadership to the broader Administrative Assistants team.
As the successful candidate, you are an experienced people leader and a dynamic team-player who inspires, coaches, and develops their staff by building a culture of learning across their team. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have excellent communication, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills. You lean on these skills effectively to lead your team and build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You have a natural ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy, to set goals and to manage a variety of competing deadlines.
Your previous accomplishments demonstrate your ability to accept accountability, remain flexible while adapting to constantly shifting priorities and consistently exercise sound judgement that reflects a customer-service centered approach. You have demonstrated that you are both a creative problem- solver and have fine attention to detail when applied to the drafting of correspondence and procedures.
If you have a keen interest in local government legislative services, are skilled at leading others and celebrate the optimization of administrative efficiencies and information technology, this may be the role you have been waiting for!
Some flexibility in working hours will be required from time-to-time for attendance at meetings that occur outside of regular operating hours. The full job description is available through Human Resources.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of Grade Twelve or equivalent, plus a Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration and/or Local Government or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-7 Years’ minimum experience in a similar role supervising a team.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience managing a complex records management system.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting standard office equipment and general administrative information technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate in a tactful manner with the general public, elected officials, government agencies, staff and department managers.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Previous municipal and legislative experience, including involvement with Council and Committees considered an asset.
- Experience supporting standard office and Local Government Information Technologies.
- Experience leading a team in a unionized setting.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications for this role, should submit their resume with cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications promptly as applications will be processed as received.