Clerk 3 - Surrey Police Service
The Surrey Police Service (“SPS”) is bringing an era of modern and progressive policing to Surrey. We are a community-based policing service that is at the forefront of public safety. We are committed to meeting our city’s unique priorities and building a team that reflects the diverse and inclusive communities we serve. Help us build a new community-responsive police service that will support one of the fastest growing and diverse cities in Canada. Working in Support Services, the Clerk 3, will be supporting the Support Services team with a focus on timekeeping responsibilities for sworn members and general clerical duties.
This is a Regular Full Time Unionized role.
As the Clerk 3, your responsibilities include:
- Issues, reviews, clarifies, and amends time records for sworn members who work a variety of work schedules and are eligible for a variety of pay premiums.
- Collects and inputs data to various systems, including PeopleSoft, and SharePoint.
- Files and keeps appropriate records -- electronic (SharePoint) and paper.
- Checks various pay records for accuracy and completeness.
- Responds to inquiries from Payroll, sworn members, HR, and supervisors.
- Operates a variety of office equipment.
- Provides information to others, traces errors, corrects deviations from policy, and recommends opportunities for process improvement.
- Understands and explains various SPS policies and practices that apply to timekeeping.
- May advise other clerical staff on new and revised procedures.
- Understands payroll standards and legislative requirements.
- Prepares and communicates various schedules, notices, etc.
- Responds to requests from sworn members or civilian staff..
- Orders and distributes basic office supplies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
As a successful applicant, you meet the following requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by several courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
- Minimum 2 years experience and training in an office environment. Must have accurate typing speed of 45 wpm. Experience in timekeeping and/ or payroll preferred.
- Able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing). Able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Independence in judgement taken in performing the duties of the position.
- Able to maintain moderately complex records, prepare reports and make arithmetical calculations rapidly and accurately. Knowledge of filing, indexing methods and record keeping.
- Able to provide accurate, factual information to others.
- Able to follow procedures with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to obtain and retain the required level of security clearance.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful Applicants must obtain and maintain the required level of Security Clearance.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Values of Honour, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Compassion and Inclusiveness guide how we serve our residents, engage with our community, and work with each other to keep our community safe. These values are the foundation of our commitment to deliver excellence in policing services to Surrey's citizens.
To view and apply please visit our website at www.surreypolice.ca/careers
This posting closes on October 5, 2021.