Payroll & Benefits Coordinator - E-Comm 9-1-1
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
As a recognized leader in emergency communications, E-Comm is an organization that provides first responders and the public with critical life-safety services in communities across B.C. Our people are passionate about their work and public safety. We operate two emergency communications centres - one located in Vancouver and one in Saanich. E-Comm also provides integrated police and fire call taking and dispatch services to more than 70 police and fire departments and owns/operates the largest multi-jurisdictional, tri-service wide-area radio network in B.C. We are proud to serve communities across this beautiful province through our four operational and administrative locations in Vancouver, Burnaby and Saanich. Learn more at www.ecomm911.ca
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an individual who thrives on making a difference and who embraces challenges, variety, diversity and our corporate values of respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability and service. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the accurate preparation of bi-weekly payroll entries and benefit enrollment and administration using a comprehensive Human Resource/Payroll software application (HCM System). The incumbent coordinates payroll and benefits reconciliations, investigates and resolves data issues affecting employee pay and benefits, coordinates solutions between Human Resources and Finance and assists in the interpretation and application of benefit policies and regulations. Drafts policies, prepares reports and provides explanations, assistance and information on policies, procedures and collective agreements. The incumbent answers payroll and benefit enquiries within defined limits, and provides general support for the Payroll team as required.
- An ambitious person who has demonstrated abilities in a fast paced, dynamic working environment?
- Comfortable taking ownership of your actions and behaviors?
- Curious and always taking the initiative to improve processes?
- Committed to being honest and trustworthy while conducting yourself in a way that is ethical and reliable?
- Resourceful and responsive to internal team members and external clients?
- Innovative and look for solutions when confronted with challenges?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Makes bi-weekly payroll entries; and maintains and updates employee records in the HCM System for backdated changes, adjustments, new hires and employee departures.
Enters, maintains and updates information in the HCM System; performs regular data audits; sets up and downloads customized and routine reports; and enters, maintains and updates benefit and pay forms and tables in the HCM System.
Coordinates payroll and benefits reconciliations, including working collaboratively with Human Resources on payroll and benefit variances and enquiries.
Investigates and resolves data issues affecting employee pay and benefits; and coordinates solutions between Human Resources and Finance.
Provides training and advice to Human Resources and Finance staff on system changes and upgrades; ensures that information is communicated effectively; and seeks to minimize recurring issues.
Provides information and assistance on matters pertaining to benefits and compensation.
Prepares, analyzes, formats and presents reports, metrics and statistics.
Ensures the privacy and protection of employee information and advises on system security and access.
Develops and maintains filing systems and databases in the HCM System; recommends changes and modifications to procedures; participates in implementing new/upgraded HCM software; develops documentation; and produces reports.
Researches administrative matters; compiles and summarizes findings; drafts policies; and prepares statistical and narrative reports.
Provides guidance as required to the Payroll Clerk engaged in processing time records and entering payroll and employee records input.
Providing explanations, assistance and information on policies and procedures as well as collective agreement provisions.
Updates pay plans for each year for Executive, Management, Exempt and Union employees.
Maintains seniority lists and prepares calculations of length of service, when required.
Answers payroll and benefit enquiries within defined limits, referring complex, difficult or contentious issues; assists in the interpretation of various pay and benefit plan policies, rules, regulations and Collective
Agreement provisions to various payroll service recipient groups; and assists in reviewing and recommending changes to payroll and benefits procedures.
Prepares and maintains files and records relating to benefit plans, overtime, vacation and sick leave balances; prepares and submits reports; and processes benefit claims and changes in entitlements of individual recipients of the payroll service.
Processes benefit transactions for enrollment, status changes, life events and terminations; processes annual benefits re-enrollment changes; and processes annual benefits rate and coverage changes in the HCM System.
Sends out registration instructions to new hires for accessing their electronic pay statements and tax statements as well as benefits; and sets up employee benefit options and deductions in the HCM System.
Administers the accounts of existing employees in HCM System, including resetting passwords and reviewing and approving account updates.
Proactively troubleshoots employee payroll and benefit issues, ensuring quality of service.
Advises employees on benefit eligibility and plan provisions and communicates with inactive or employees on leave regarding benefit premium repayments.
Participates in special projects/reporting as required.
Performs related work as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Completion of payroll or accounting courses and three to five years of related payroll/benefits experience in a continuous operation, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary - with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off - eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Employee Savings Plan - employer matched contributions to a savings account.
- Pension - we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits plan.
- Career development - we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
- Number of positions: Minimum of One (1)
- Job status: Regular Full-Time
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Wage/Salary: PG 18 | $29.83 to $35.15 hourly; $62,043.46 to $73,110.40 annually (2021 rates)
- Employee Group: CUPE, Local 8911
- Department: Finance
- Location: Business and Technology Centre - Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC with flexibility to occasionally work from home
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 29, 2021 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through our career site here.