Payroll Supervisor - Grey County
(Salary Range: $73,819 - $83,046) 35 Hours/Week
Human Resources Department
The County of Grey is currently recruiting for a permanent full time Payroll Supervisor in our Human Resources Department.
Join us and help make a difference! At Grey County we work together to deliver essential public services that meet the needs of our communities. Grey County isn’t just a great place to work; it’s a great place to live. Grey County offers beauty you can’t get in the city along with a lifestyle that is more relaxed and family oriented – we are a family of distinct and proud communities that showcase natural beauty, opportunity, and a peaceful rural lifestyle.
- The Payroll Supervisor is a senior position responsible for overseeing the accurate and timely administration of all payroll activities and benefit and pension administration for County employees and Council in accordance with County policies, procedures, and applicable legislation and regulations.
- Responsible for a long-term payroll framework of continuous improvement, system and process enhancement, initiatives, and program risks.
- Provide oversight and expertise relating to payroll financials and controls, to ensure the integrity of balances of payroll accounts, including reconciliations, government and other remittances, expenses, analytics as well as internal and external audit compliance and reviews.
- Responds to inquiries from management and employees and provides interpretation regarding collective agreements, HR polices and legislation as they apply to payroll, pension, and benefits.
- Supervises and mentors assigned staff, maximizing productivity, and ensuring department outcomes are achieved.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum two-year diploma in Business Administration – Accounting
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of five (5) years payroll administration experience, including management/supervisory responsibilities
- Experience using enterprise wide HRIS and payroll systems
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices as they apply to payroll, accounting, and pension functions, including reconciliations
- Knowledge of related Acts and legislation such as the Employment Standards Act, OMERS regulations and federal payroll legislation
- Self-directed, detail oriented, optimistic professional with exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate complex financial and computer related information in ways that may be understood by all.
- Working knowledge of human resources policies, benefit coverage agreements and collective agreements as they relate to payroll and benefits.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point)
Information for Interested Candidates
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the County’s website, www.grey.ca/careers
Candidates for the above position are invited to submit resumes prior to the submission deadline: Friday, October 1st, 2021 at 4:30pm to:
Human Resources Manager
595 Ninth Avenue East
Owen Sound, ON N4K 3E3
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The County of Grey is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance
Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to; Criminal Record Searches, Financial Credit Inquiries; Educational and Credential Verification; Driver’s Abstracts; Drug/Alcohol Testing; Pre-Medical Testing and Investigative Employment References.