Director of Finance & Administration - Town of La Ronge
Town of La Ronge
Director of Finance & Administration
La Ronge (www.laronge.ca) is a vibrant town with a population of approximately 2,700 people. Located on the shores of Lac La Ronge, and nestled next to Lac La Ronge Provincial Park (Nut Point) and the beautiful Boreal Forest, the Town is the largest full-service community in northern Saskatchewan. La Ronge, the Village of Air Ronge, and the Lac La Ronge Indian Band work closely together and serve a combined population of approximately 15,000.
There are many activities and organizations in and around town that offer great opportunities to stay fit, socialize, and/or volunteer. In addition to all the amenities that one would expect, La Ronge is not far from several campgrounds, an abundance of hiking trails, golf courses, and of course…..world class fishing lakes. La Ronge is a wonderful place to live and visit any time of the year!
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director of Finance & Administration is directly responsible for the supervision of two full-time employees ((1) Utility Clerk/Receptionist and (2) Account Associate/Account Payables/Payroll). The overall budget for the Town is just under $11M.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A solid foundation in, and understanding of, finance and full-cycle accounting practices and principals.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a senior financial leadership role, along with experience in a municipal setting would be considered a strength.
- Extensive experience in:
- Leadership, strategic planning, successful communication practices, and sound technical financial knowledge.
- Providing superior customer service to both internal and external stakeholders, including working closely with elected officials.
- A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience. A professional accounting designation would be an asset.