Manager of Finance - Town of White City
Town of White City
Manager of Finance
The Town of White City is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual capable of managing the town’s finance department. The successful candidate will be a member of the Management Team and manage the town’s Finance Department providing financial leadership and direction and will assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure ongoing efficiencies throughout the department. As an experienced manager, the successful candidate will oversee the financial management of the town including budgets, financial reporting, financial planning and forecasting, asset management, property taxes, and revenues, all while fostering an environment of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Develop operational, capital and reserve budgets, financial bylaws, statistical reports, cost analysis and annual reports.
- Preparation of annual financial statements, year-end financial management and preparation for annual audit review.
- Responsible for long term financial planning, reserve and debt management, financial policy, grant reporting, cost recovery calculations and other financial management, information, and advice.
- Day-to-day financial management including review of bank transactions, cash forecasting, investment funds, business related analytics, utilization of financial systems, maintenance of financial policies and oversight of accounts payables and receivables.
- Administer the town’s funds according to the approved budget and monitor its financial expenditures.
- Analyze and interpret financial and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the town.
- Provide operations and strategic advice/support with hands-on management and coordination of all items relating to finance and accounting to the entire organization including staff, management, Town Manager, and Town Council.
- Regular presentation of reports, financial bylaws, financial policies to council.
- Manage, engage, and lead the finance department which is accountable for all aspects of financial reporting, internal controls, management reporting, and financial system utilization.
- Maintain the tangible capital asset inventory control system.
- Thorough working knowledge of The Municipalities Act, Public Sector Accounting Board standards, investment and debt management, provincial/federal funding programs, asset management, property taxation, auditing standards and practices, and other related legislation or regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, financial, managerial, project/time management, organizational, analytical, research, communication, presentation, problem-solving, report-writing and supervisory skills.
- Strong leadership and human relations skills in order to direct, develop, motivate, and support Staff in developing and achieving goals and objectives and able to participate as an effective team member within the Finance Department and the organization as a whole.
- Ability to develop consultative relationships with the Town Manager, the Management Team and Town Council.
Education and Experience:
- A University degree in Accounting or Business Administration, coupled with a professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Significant and demonstrated experience in a senior municipal officer capacity with six (6) years of senior management experience involved with overseeing the administration of municipal finances, fiscal planning, department management, and staff supervision.
- The town offers competitive salaries, benefits and comprehensive pension plan. Current salary range for this position is $99,050 - $112,560 and subject to negotiation based on experience.
- This is a management position and is subject to an employment contract
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about what you do and want to contribute to the growing community of White City, we want to hear from you! Applications marked “Manager of Finance” may be sent via email to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
This competition will remain open until filled. The Town of White City would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.