Family and Community Support Services & Project Coordinator - Town of Pincher Creek
Town of Pincher Creek
Family and Community Support Services & Project Coordinator
Management / Administration
Town of Pincher Creek
As the Family and Community Support Services Coordinator you will collaborate within the social services sector, using an evidence-based approach to help ensure our community members have needed preventive social services. Your success will be measured by your ability to achieve timely results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style.
As the FCSS Coordinator you will:
- Liaise and consult with an identified group of FCSS funded agencies to foster development of their funded preventive social service programs, ensure effective communication and develop program outcomes
- Collaborate with non-profit organizations in the delivery of programs that demonstrate best or promising practices that reflect the FCSS Funding Framework
- Promote and facilitate the development of healthy families, individuals and communities
- Manage FCSS funding contracts ensuring accountability and the provision of effective preventive social services.
- Work with the FCSS Advisory Board to ensure funding supports the delivery of preventive social service programs that meet identified community needs
- Work with the community to facilitate the delivery of preventive social services in Pincher Creek by identifying and evaluating social issues and needs, implementing appropriate research, project management and preparing social analysis to initiate and support policy and program development
- Manage and support the annual grant funding cycle
- Work with Town colleagues to ensure community, geographic and sector needs are addressed
- Promote inclusiveness and diversity in the community
- Research, social planning and administrative support to senior management
- Other related duties as required
As the special projects coordinator:
Work with Town Administration, and Departments to organize, assist and manage various projects, including administrative functions and meeting preparation, recreational and cultural events, etc. as required. May include working outside of regular business hours.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with community organizations including experience working with the agencies within the non-profit sector, developing social service programs, project management and related outcomes
- Knowledge related to the planning, administration, coordination and management of social services and governance of non-profit organizations
- Ability to communicate inclusively and respectfully with diverse community members including the ability to work diplomatically and persuasively with community groups, agencies, and organizations
- Strong knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion is required
- Ability to lead and facilitate discussions, including mediating and managing diverse perspectives and approaches
- Strong understanding of the community and the delivery of preventive social services in Pincher Creek
- High level of written and verbal communication and strong political acumen to support various processes
- Strong administration, time management, decision making, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated confidence in group facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross functional teams
- Ability to represent the Town of Pincher Creek in a professional, honest, respectful and safe manner
- Proven skills in designing, implementing and managing social research and evaluation projects
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent).
- Hire is dependent on Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector satisfactory to the Town of Pincher Creek
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style
- Embrace the cultural commitments of a safe, helpful, and accountable workplace and foster an environment that encourages others to do the same.
November 30, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualifications, experience and references to the Town of Pincher Creek, Box 159, Pincher Creek, Ab. T0K 1W0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This ad will stay open until a suitable candidate has been chosen.
We wish to thank everyone who submits and application; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.