Parks Worker – Turf - City of Chilliwack
Parks Worker – Turf
The City of Chilliwack is home to more than 90,000 residents and offers a wide range of services to best serve the population. If you want to work for a supportive employer in a city with exceptional outdoor amenities minutes away, a bounty of farm- to-table options and a rich history, Chilliwack is the place for you.
As a rapidly growing municipality committed to quality service and a positive work environment, we are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference in the community.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
The City of Chilliwack is looking for the ideal candidate to work on the Parks/Operations team in Turf. Reporting to the Parks Supervisor you will assist management in the efficient and effective operation of the Operations/Parks Department. You will perform a variety of parks maintenance labour tasks that include assisting in the maintenance and repair of sports fields. In addition to labour intensive tasks that include the use of hand tools, line trimmers and backpack blowers, you could operate a wide range of maintenance equipment such as; rotary deck mowers, tractors, loaders and various tractor attachments related to sports field maintenance and irrigation repairs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting numerous grass, all weather and synthetic sport fields as well as large activity lawn turf in parks. You will have considerable practical experience and are committed to the delivery of a high level of customer service to the community. Experience in sports field equipment operations including fertilization, aeration, top dressing, liming and artificial field grooming would be an asset.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team;
- Experience and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment;
- Experience in working as part of a parks maintenance team in a municipal setting would be an asset.
- Able to work within the multifaceted municipal setting;
- Able to work with minimum supervision and to exercise judgment in the performance of duties in accordance with established priorities;
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have completed Grade 12 (mandatory completion of Grade 10), supplemented by a completion of some basic turf grass and irrigation courses; or an equivalent combination of training and relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and experience operating equipment;
- Must have experience in turf grass maintenance;
- A diploma in Turf Grass Management would be considered an asset.;
How to Apply:
August 04, 2021
Visit jobs.chilliwack.com to apply for this or other positions.