Transit Assistant - Cowichan Valley Regional District
COWICHAN VALLEY REGIONAL DISTRICT
Facilities & Transit Division
Regular Full Time, unionized (CUPE Local 358)
August 12, 2021, at 4:30 pm
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at careers-cvrd.icims.com/jobs.
The Cowichan Valley Regional District is now accepting applications from prospective candidates to join our organization as a Transit Assistant in the Facilities & Transit Division within the Community Services Department at the Cowichan Valley Regional District.
Majestic mountains, the rugged West Coast Trail, serene lakes and one of the world’s tallest free- standing timber rail trestles all lie in the picturesque Cowichan Valley Regional District. Located on Vancouver Island, the Cowichan Valley Regional District provides a wide range of local government services to a population of 80,000, located within its 4 distinct municipalities and 9 electoral areas.
Under the supervision of the Transit Analyst, and reporting to the Manager, Facilities & Transit Division, the Transit Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, technical, communication and customer services in support of the CVRD’s transit functions.
This position assists in the development, implementation and coordination of transit service programs, marketing materials, public education, collection of ridership data and special projects; performs inspections and coordinates the maintenance of the transit stops, shelters, benches and signage; and liaises with BC Transit, the local transit operating company, the public, First Nations communities, government agencies, and others as required.
- Diploma from a recognized university or college in transportation, planning, public administration, marketing, or a related field.
- 2 years related experience (public transit, transportation, or urban planning in a local government setting preferred)
- Experience working with the public, service organizations, contractors, and government agencies
- Experience with developing surveys, analysing data, and preparing reports
- Experience with web-based marketing/advertising and social media for business use
- Experience preparing grant applications is preferred
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
Please see the job description (available at the application link) for the full job details and qualification requirements.
Hours of Work:
Guaranteed 35 hours of work per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with some very occasional evening or weekend work. This position is eligible for flex time.
This regular full time unionized position (CUPE Local 358) has a salary range in three steps:
$34.72 - $35.71 - $36.79 per hour (2021 rates). A comprehensive benefits package is included as per the CUPE collective agreement.
Date posted: July 22, 2021