Manager of Finance - District of Vanderhoof
Manager of Finance
With a population of 4500, Vanderhoof is geographically located near the centre of British Columbia and truly is at the “Heart of it All” when it comes to lifestyle and low cost of living. Vanderhoof is now looking for its next Manager of Finance to oversee the administrative and operational functions of the District’s Finance Department. As the Manager, you are someone who thrives on working with legislation, working in an independent manner, and exercising sound judgment in selecting and interpreting information.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive wage and benefits package
- Work-life balance
- Support in ongoing training
- Positive and safe working conditions
- A team that strives to make a positive community impact and have fun at work everyday
What you’ll do:
You will report to the Director of Financial Services (Chief Financial Officer). As part of the senior management team, you will research and identify grant and fundraising opportunities; and manage negotiations and relationships with funders and partners. You will strive to achieve efficient and effective operations through reliable performance in payroll, accounting, accounts payable, collection functions, budget preparation and control; and observe and comply with municipal policies in your daily work.
What you’ll bring:
- Professional accountant designation or enrolment in a professional accounting program; and membership in good standing
- 5 years’ experience in a management / supervisory role
- Certificate in Municipal Administration (desirable)
- Knowledge of AMAIS and Caseware software (preferred)
- Experience in a municipality (preferred)
What to do now:
Bring together your fiscal and administrative expertise with this challenging and rewarding leadership role! Forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Monday, Aug. 23, 2021. A Supplementary Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the compensation and benefits.
Flo Follero-Pugh, Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment