Human Resources Coordinator - District of Vanderhoof
Human Resources Coordinator
With a population of 4500, Vanderhoof is geographically located near the centre of British Columbia and truly is at the “Heart of it All” when it comes to lifestyle and low cost of living. Vanderhoof is now looking for its first Human Resources Coordinator, to help attract and retain the top talent who will support the District’s strategic direction.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive wages and benefits package
- Work-life balance
- Support in ongoing training
- Positive and safe working conditions
- A team that strives to make a positive community impact and have fun at work everyday
What you’ll do:
You’re a collaborative team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn, unlearn, and contribute to other departments. You will plan, develop, and lead the implementation of human
resource policies, standards, and practices to support the accomplishment of the District’s goals. You will deliver services in recruitment, job evaluation, recognition, compensation, training and development, and employee relations. Ideally you have experience working in a municipality and/or a unionized setting; and you will support negotiations, grievance processes, research, and policy development.
What you’ll bring:
- Post-secondary education (e.g. diploma / degree in HR Management, Business Administration, or a related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years’ experience in full-cycle talent acquisition and retention, plus demonstrated experience in strategy development and implementation
- 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Knowledge of collective agreements, labour laws, employment standards, human rights, and other legislation
- Sound experience in interpreting, updating, and applying HR policy, legislation, and regulations
- CPHR Designation considered an asset
What to do now:
Be the person who will take over recruitment drives just like this one! If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter to Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment, by Monday, Aug. 23, 2021. A Supplementary Package can be obtained by request from the Consultant, which includes a complete job description and details of the compensation and benefits.
Flo Follero-Pugh, Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment