Recreation Facility Clerk - City of New Westminster
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Facility Clerk
Parks and Recreation
Temporary Full Time
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours/week until March 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension
$44,541 - $52,120 plus benefits
New Westminster Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a dynamic, outgoing and self-motivated Recreation Facility Clerk to support recreation in a front line, customer service role and become a member of a project team providing administrative support for the City of New Westminster large scale projects. You will provide administrative support for two senior managers who lead the replacement of the Canada Games Pool and Centennial Community Centre Project. In addition, the Recreation Facility Clerk types and formats correspondence, assigns and completes action requests; takes meeting minutes; organizes and maintains a variety of records, files and logs, including filing of project documents and their collection for information requests; organizes and manages related Sharepoint project databases; organizes meetings; creates purchase requisitions and orders using JDE software system; and performs other related duties as assigned and participates in various working groups/meetings.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Grade 12 graduation including or supplemented by courses in word-processing, typing and business plus considerable related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Proficient with taking minutes during meetings and ability to complete the minute taking process through thorough formatting.
- Ability to compose non-routine correspondence, prepare agendas, reports and related material independently.
- Ability to perform various clerical and typing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Sound knowledge of organized recreation principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of computer applications related to the work performed (knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Perfect Mind, Kronos, JD Edwards and POS would be preferred).
- Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating computer word processing and other equipment as related to the work.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, supervisors, staff, contractors and officials as necessary and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independence of actions and judgment.
- Ability to maintain and process purchase requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment.
- Experience working with and maintaining filing management; virtual file management considered an asset.
- Minimum typing speed proficiency of 55 wpm.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume in one document quoting the competition number, by August 5, 2021 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, e-mail to email@example.com using the following format in the subject line: LAST NAME First Name #21-107
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples.
It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land.
We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.