Executive Assistant - CAO Services - Mountain View County
Executive Assistant - CAO Services
Mountain View County
MVC08 - 2021
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position provides a variety of confidential administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the section and overall department including County Council. Includes a major responsibility in relieving the CAO of many administrative functions by developing and revising processes and independently carrying out work to completion. Schedules appointments and makes meeting and travel arrangements for both CAO and County Council. Provides staff and public with information and guidance relevant to the department’s focus.
- Types and maintains, in accordance with priorities, correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and material for the Chief Administrative Officer and County Council;
- Arranges and organizes seminars and meetings, books facilities, travel arrangements for designated personnel as required;
- Organizes and maintains filing systems relative to the functional areas, in conjunction with the County’s Records Management Coordinator; including all paper, digital files and maps.
- Prepares and types agendas and relevant background material for County Council, committee and other meetings as assigned;
- Attends County council, committee and assigned meetings and prepare minutes, action list and correspondence arising therefrom.
- Ensures the Chief Administrative Officer and County Council are provided with sufficient information related to ongoing projects of the County. Ensures the appropriate records are prepared and retained for all aspects.
- Conducts research assignments relating to policy development and compiles related information and quarterly reports for regular council meetings;
- Review daily mail as required. Excluding that marked “confidential” and directing mail accordingly as deemed appropriate.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent; combined with a Diploma in Office Administration;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience, preferably in a municipal setting, in a confidential capacity at an executive or senior assistant level;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within specific timeframes, in a fast-paced climate;
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with requests, complaints and clarification of information;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills. With the ability to work with the public and staff at all levels with the County with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment; and
- High degree of competency in using computers in the technical areas of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
July 30, 2021
Submissions will be received until Noon Friday July 30, 2021. All applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence. Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to (403)335-9207
- Mail to Mountain View County. PO Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Note: For a detailed Position Description and approved 2021 salary range please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 153 or email your request to email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.