Business Analyst - City of Medicine Hat
The City of Medicine Hat Utilities Business Development Support department is looking for an experienced professional to join their team as a Business Support Analyst. In this highly accountable, analytical position you will assist in achieving diverse business objectives by identifying requirements, developing strategies and providing business analysis to support departmental decision making. As a member of the team, you will work across three different areas of client focus: marketing & transportation, asset optimization, and business support. In addition you will aid in business planning, budgeting and revenue forecasting for the utility business units, along with preparation of variance analysis reports.
To thrive in this role, you have demonstrated business acumen and have extensive knowledge of cost of service and rate design concepts and strategies. You have strong communications skills with the ability to influence through advanced analytical report writing and presentation skills. You have sound decision making capabilities, an understanding of change management processes and working knowledge of computer applications. The successful candidate will be fluent in electronic trading platforms and be able to execute transactions on behalf of the City. You enjoy working under pressure in an environment with competing priorities, and are committed to a high standard of customer service.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting a business partner including working with energy operations, trading, planning, utilities, small project management, and/or a related field.
- CFA, CPA and/or industry recognized certifications considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
We welcome applications until August 4th, 2021.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.