Communications Coordinator - Town of Peace River
Communication / Information / Cultural
Town of Peace River
If you are a communications professional who is passionate about serving your community, keep reading!
The Town of Peace River is searching for a creative, detail oriented individual with proven communications experience to fill the role of Communications Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, acts as a resource to the Management Team, Council and Staff in regards to the development and implementation of internal and external communication programs. They shall generate ideas and bring them forward to the Management Team for approval. This position plans, develops and implements internal and external communication programs to facilitate communication between the Town of Peace River and community stakeholders as well as the various Town departments. This position will also draft, edit and submit proposals, and will oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles for the Town of Peace River, including but not limited to the Town’s website and social media accounts. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Town’s branding standards. Additionally, the position has Emergency Information Officer responsibilities should the Emergency Coordination Centre be activated.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, marketing, journalism or a degree, diploma or certificate in a related field.
- Exceptional command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Highly effective project management skills, ability to prioritize, ability to multi-task, time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 - 5 years professional writing experience.
- 2 - 5 years experience in marketing material development, including print, web, and multimedia.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Office Applications and Adobe products.
- Works well with others and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently.
- One-year website design and maintenance.
- 2 - 5 years in a municipal government environment.
- Graphic design and creative writing experience.
- Business courses in marketing or journalism.
- Creative, innovative thinker.
$59,775 - $75,072
Monday to Friday. 37.5 hours per week. Regular evenings meetings will be required.
The Town of Peace River is committed to navigating the “new normal” with all employees to create a healthy, safe and resilient workplace for you and your co-workers.
August 6, 2021
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the e-mail below (quote Competition # 21/021).
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.