Recreation Program Coordinator Arenas and Concession - City of Port Coquitlam
Recreation Program Coordinator Arenas and Concession
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Recreation Department is looking for a seasoned professional in the role of Recreation Program Coordinator – Arenas and Concession. The successful applicant to this position will be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of a comprehensive community recreation program in the City’s Arena and Concession areas.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assess the needs and interests of a multi-cultural community with specific emphasis on Arena and Concession;
- Design, recommend, implement, coordinate, administer, evaluate and / or make recommendations on programs, activities and services for the program area;
- As part of the leadership team in recreation responsible for coordinating the daily operation of recreation facilities and programs;
- Perform a variety of duties related to the service area including recruitment, budget preparation, attendance and scheduling activities and general supervision of staff; and
- Initiate, involve, promote and maintain effective relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Recreation Management or a related field;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in recreation program development with an emphasis on Arena and Concession programming;
- One year of experience supervising staff;
- Ability to build strong relationships; and
- Strong leadership skills.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about our community;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The terms and conditions of employment for this full-time assignment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2021 annual salary starts at over $67,000 and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Friday, July 30, 2021 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #21-068e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.