Planning Technician - Town of Okotoks
Town of Okotoks
Town of Okotoks
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
Reporting to the Community Growth & Investment Manager, the Planning Technician is responsible for:
- Current Planning - processing development permits, certificates of compliance, requests for zoning letters, Land Use Bylaw amendments, registration of Land Titles documents, and assignment of addressing;
- Provide technical support and assistance to Planners;
- Investigate Land Use Bylaw complaints;
- Attend Council, MPC or SDAB meetings as required;
- Lead website content review;
- Undertake or assist with research, report preparation, bylaw and policy development;
What You Bring:
- Land Use Planning Certificate or equivalent education;
- 1-3 years of related experience, preferably in a municipal environment;
- Strong understanding of Land Use Planning in Alberta;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service and team focus;
- Strong attention to detail and priority setting skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and various IT Systems and Platforms;
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits & LAPP Pension Plan
- Career development
- Flexible work schedule
- So much more!
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of education and designations along with a favorable criminal record check.
August 2, 2021
Applicants are invited to submit a resume online through our career section. Postings close at midnight on the closing date listed below. We will not be able to accept late applications.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.