Director of Planning - Township of Georgian Bay
Township of Georgian Bay
Director of Planning
The Township of Georgian Bay is a thriving municipality located in cottage country, 1.5 hours north of Toronto along the Highway 400 corridor. The Township is home to 2,500 permanent residents. With Georgian Bay and its islands and tributaries at hand the Township is blessed with a wealth of outdoor opportunities for all to enjoy.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, The Director of Planning will be an essential member of the senior management team. You will bring your experience in municipal planning, have proven leadership, negotiating, organizational and public relations skills, as well as above average oral and written communication skills.
- Provides professional planning services providing comments and advice to Council, committees, staff and the general public.
- Provides overall leadership to the planning department in accordance with applicable legislation, municipal policies and departmental priorities and approved budget parameters.
- Mentors and coaches all Planning staff.
- Liaison with all levels of government.
The preferred candidate will have the following training, education, and experience:
- Degree in Land Use Planning or Planning related program.
A complete job description is available at Ravenhill or Georgian Bay?
Please submit your cover letter and resume by (August 12th, 2021 ) to Glen Smith
division of Ravenhill Smith Search Inc
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of candidate selection only.
The Township of Georgian Bay is an equal opportunity employer, committed diversity and accessibility within the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.