Financial Systems Advisor - Capital Regional District
Financial Systems Advisor
Finance & Technology – Financial Services
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$46.63 - $52.89 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on June 30, 2021
As a part of the Financial Services team, the incumbent is a functional specialist on the use of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial system software, SAP. The incumbent focuses on reviewing, designing, updating and documenting overall financial business processes as well as collaborates with Information Technology to develop and implement new ERP system functions, processes and changes. This position ensures the data quality and consistency of financial master data.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Documents, reviews, analyses, and evaluates financial business processes, systems and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Leads, coordinates and documents financial system projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support including providing project updates to stakeholders.
- Defines financial reporting requirements to enable the availability of Business Warehouse Financial data cubes in partnership with IT.
- Participates in defining project scope and objectives, in collaboration with Manager and IT, for financial systems updates ensuring finance stakeholders requirements will be met.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and review test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to ensure all objectives are met and solutions work as expected.
- Assists Finance user(s) with the use and adoption of system changes, responsibilities include preparing to-be process documentation and training materials, conducting training sessions and providing first level support after go-live.
- Assists in developing financial master data governance by providing alignment and balance between financial reporting needs and ERP standards and provides the ongoing maintenance.
- Collaborates with Senior Financial Advisors on the creation of financial master data structures that meet corporate governance and data stewardship policies and procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of new/changed processes and systems, user acceptance and testing and post implementation reviews.
- Collaborates and participates in the development and testing of functional specifications related to financial system software.
- Performs research and analysis related to various financial and reporting initiatives and provides recommendations, as required.
- Prepares and performs go live functional testing, creates go live training materials and documentation.
- Follows all CRD policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- CPA designation and a degree in related discipline and five years’ experience in designing, updating and/or implementing SAP or similar ERP system modules. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial principles and practices is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems and the financial framework
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes with the ability to complete projects on time, within scope and within budget
- Good understanding of business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations for moving forward
- Understands and identifies business implications of data system designs and the data requirements of user needs
- Ability to explain the capabilities and limitations of current financial data systems to financial colleagues and end users
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements
- Knowledge of change management processes and stakeholder consultation
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software
- Ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority
- Ability to plan, organize, and structure work
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment or individually with minimal supervision
- Ability to think innovatively and critically to assist in developing solutions
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.