Senior Property Manager, Procurement & Asset Services - Capital Regional District
Senior Property Manager, Procurement & Asset Services
Planning & Protective Services – Regional Housing
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$41.13 – 46.63 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on June 18, 2021
The Senior Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Corporation’s procurement, project and vendor management pertaining to capital projects, annual maintenance and contracted services. This position supports the preparation of maintenance and capital budget throughout the entire process and supervises the accounts payable. This position regularly communicates, collaborates and coordinates with all CRHC staff to ensure a strong team culture that supports CRHC’s goals and objectives.
This position requires a clear criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and coordinates the CRHC’s competitive bid processes (ie. RFQ, RFP, RFSO, ITT) in compliance with corporate policies, including the development of purchasing requirements, written specifications, receipt and analysis of bids and the negotiation of discounts, change orders and timely completions.
- Prepares and issues tender calls to secure necessary technical professional services, maintenance/service contractors and construction contractor services.
- Provides technical advice related to the procurement and contracted services.
- Coordinates, in conjunction with other Regional Housing Staff, the delivery of preventative maintenance services such as landscaping, elevator maintenance services, etc
- Oversees contracts ensuring supplier performance, adherence to contract terms and resolves invoicing, delivery and quality issues related to a satisfactory completion.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors and all internal customers.
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding purchase of capital replacement items.
- Coordinates inspections on construction, capital improvements and maintenance contracts.
- Coordinates contracted service set up for buildings that are being newly acquired or are being decommissioned.
- Supervises staff engaged in contract administration and accounts payable including recruitment, orientation and time approval and the provision of leadership, guidance, feedback and work direction.
- Oversees the accounts payable services including the timely processing of accounts payable to ensure accounts and contract payments are current and that Corporate Finance deadlines are met.
- Assist with, recommends and provides information for the preparation of capital and annual operating budgets.
- Oversees the preparation of comprehensive maintenance status reports for all facilities.
- Acts as a primary contact and liaison with consultants and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates maintenance and licensing of CRHC fleet vehicles.
- Prepares reports for the Board of Directors, Committees and funding agencies as required.
- Participates in Joint Purchasing Groups.
- Participates in policy development.
- Acts as team lead for strategic projects.
- Guides and directs other staff as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree, and five (5) years’ related experience in procurement, contract management, residential property management, social housing programs & staff management or a diploma, in a relevant discipline and eight years of related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of BC Building Code.
- Ability to write technical reports and prepare cost benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Strong project management and budget control and monitoring skills.
- Proficient in use of computers, desktop software, spreadsheets, databases (SAP), asset management software (AssetPlanner) and corporate information systems (Sharepoint).
- The work performed requires significant public procurement knowledge, practice & management, contract law and interprovincial treaty obligations to ensure fiscally responsible, transparent and fair purchasing practices are followed.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Knowledge of all aspects of building maintenance including carpentry, electrical and plumbing.
- Sound knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, social housing and tenants, as the customer.
- Considerable knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations governing the activities of the Corporation, including administrative procedures, labour legislation and collective agreement language.
- Sound knowledge of facility management practices including major equipment purchases and building maintenance repairs, capital replacement and knowledge of building designs.
- Good working knowledge of safety practices and procedures, Hazardous Materials Management as they relate to building maintenance and grounds keeping activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with contractors, tenants and the general public and to promote a positive team environment.
- Ability to provide direction and effective leadership to a large number of technical professionals and contractors and resolve contractual and supplier performance problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement, work under pressure, multi-task conflicting demands, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare complex budget or statistical reports.
- Knowledge of and experience with word processing, spreadsheet and related property management software.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence with a driver’s abstract in good standing.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.