Committee and Administrative Clerk - Capital Regional District
Committee and Administrative Clerk
Integrated Water Services, Integrated Water Services Administration
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$31.09 - $33.07 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on June 16, 2021
This position acts as Committee Clerk to various Integrated Water Services (IWS) committees, coordinates meeting arrangements, prepares agenda and supporting material, takes, edits, transcribes and distributes minutes and advises on procedural rules during such meetings and follows up on actions and decisions of committees as appropriate. The Administrative Secretary also provides assistance and support to other functions within Integrated Water Services as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Committee Clerk Duties
- Acts as Committee Clerk to various IWS Committees and Commissions; coordinates meeting arrangements, prepares and publishes agenda and supporting material; takes, edits, transcribes and distributes minutes and advises on procedural rules during such meetings, and follows up on actions and decisions of Committees and Commissions as appropriate.
- Frequently handles confidential information for and is present for confidential discussions during in-camera meetings.
- Provides a variety of information and assistance to internal and external contacts pertaining to actions and decisions Committees and Commissions and related matters.
- Assists with the coordination of department staff reports to the CRD Commissions and Committees which may include: formatting, proofreading, photocopying, and collating.
- Provides routine administrative assistance and support to other functions within IWS, as required.
- Proofreads and formats letters, memos, complex reports and documents prepared by others for grammar, punctuation and adherence to the department formatting guidelines and style guide.
- Creates, formats and proofreads correspondence and other documentation.
- Provides assistance with records management and filing, as assigned.
- Provides assistance and support of other IWS administration positions and functions.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- One year certification, including related courses such as office administration and 3 years’ related experience including administrative support to committees and commissions. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Ability to proofread with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and proper formats and styles for business correspondence.
- Typing speed of not less than 60 wpm;
- Demonstrated ability to take meeting notes and of the rules of procedures used in meetings.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), Acrobat, SharePoint, and Outlook software.
- Ability to coordinate meeting arrangements, prepare agenda and supporting material; take, edit, transcribe and distribute minutes which involve interpretation of the collective sense of meetings, and the framing of motions often from general dialogue.
- Ability to prepare, process and check a variety of reports, documents and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work collaboratively and deal tactfully and effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts and to use diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of administrative responsibilities under time constraints and with minimum supervision, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and prioritizing appropriately to meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of municipal government legislation and processes, including Local Government Act, Community Charter and Procedures Bylaws.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Please note: This position is currently being reviewed as referenced in Article 27.01 of the CRD/CUPE Local 1978 Agreement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.