Contracts Coordinator - Capital Regional District
Integrated Water Services, Integrated Water Services Administration
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$32.07 - $34.02 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on June 16, 2021
The position prepares, compiles, tracks and ensures the approval process for a variety of department contracts and tender packages. The position is responsible for ensuring all documents are in compliance with the contract administration procedures, adhering to corporate and department policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates contract documents and maintains them through their lifecycle, ensuring compliance with contract administration procedures. Ensures adherence to procurement processes and corporate policies and standards.
- Prepares, edits, proofreads and maintains contracts, agreements and other legal documents to ensure compliance.
- Attends tender openings, records and verifies bid amounts.
- Creates and maintains accurate records and tracking processes for contract financial and administrative histories.
- Prepares and processes financial payments, ensuring proper authorization and documentation is received. Assists with maintaining and tracking contract financial and administrative documents.
- Tracks, monitors and documents projects costs and project details.
- Posts and makes arrangements for advertising contract tenders and other related legal notices
- Coordinates distribution of tender packages ensuring agencies receive updated notifications and the applicable materials.
- Photocopies, maintains a log of tender packages distributed. Supports the process to support tenders being received and opened according to procedure.
- Supports Project Managers including arranges meetings, receives attendance confirmations, prepares and distributes agendas, and attends and records minutes as required.
- Assists to prepare and process financial payments, as required.
- Communicates with contractors or other agencies regarding contract administration. Investigates, responds or refers inquiries regarding contract transactions.
- Drafts correspondence, project updates, and other legal notices for release.
- Maintains records management system and maintains project files, including electronic, for capital projects and administrative files.
- Provides daily administrative support, including preparing, formatting and proofreading a variety of documents.
- Responds to enquiries from internal and external clients regarding division activities to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school graduation supplemented with legal/contract or office administration courses.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), SAP, Sharepoint, spreadsheets (MS Excel), Internet Explorer and Outlook software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and proper formats and styles for business correspondence.
- Knowledge of office operations, administrative processes and systems.
- Ability to do mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy and proficiency.
- Ability to analyse financial data and to understand and carry out CRD financial procedures.
- Ability to understand, interpret and assess a variety of procurement and contract documentation and related materials.
- Ability to proofread with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with deadline pressures, take initiative, problem solve and work independently.
- Adaptable and able to work as a team player.
Please note: This position is currently being reviewed as referenced in Article 27.01 of the CRD/CUPE Local 1978 Agreement.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.