Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) - Hamlet of Behchoko
Senior Administrative Officer (SAO)
The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ requires a Senior Administrative Officer who reports to Council and is responsible for the management of the Community Government.
The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ is situated about 100 kms west of Yellowknife and, unlike some NWT communities, it is accessible by road year round. With a population of about 2,000 residents, Behchokǫ̀ is actually comprised of three separate development areas: Rae, Edzo, and Frank Channel. With annual operating budgets exceeding $6M, and an annual capital budget of about $1.7M, it is also the largest of four Tłı̨chǫ communities within the Tłı̨chǫ self-government region.
Under the direction of Council, the SAO is responsible for the overall management of the operations of the Community Government and ensuring that the policies, programs and other directions of Council are implemented. The SAO is also responsible for advising and informing Council on the operation and affairs of the Community Government.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree in public administration, business, engineering, or other related discipline and/or a diploma in local government administration.
- Functional understanding of the Tłı̨chǫ Community Government Act as well as other applicable NWT legislation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a municipal government environment as the CAO, SAO, or Senior Management position.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered for a development position.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in both English and Tłı̨chǫ language would be an asset.
- Must be bondable and submit to a criminal records check as a prerequisite.
The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications. The compensation package for this position includes benefits and allowances. The competition will be open until the position is filled.
We sincerely thank all interested applicants however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, inquiries can be directed to Mr Curtis Coleman, Acting Senior Administrative Officer, at (867) 392-6500 or email email@example.com
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to:
Community Government of Behchokǫ̀
P.O. Box 68
Behchokǫ̀, NT X0E 0Y0