Interim Library Director - Bowen Island Library
Bowen Island Library
Interim Library Director
(12 months) – Bowen Island Public Library
Bowen Island is seeking an Interim Library Director. Reporting to the Bowen Island Public Library Board of Trustees, the Interim Library Director is accountable for the overall management and operation of the Bowen Island Public Library in accordance with the direction of the Board, the requirements of the community, and applicable legislation.
Bowen Island, a community with 3800 full time and 1500 part time residents, is located in Howe Sound six kilometres west of mainland BC and accessed by a 20-minute ferry regularly departing from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. Bowen Island was established as the first Island municipality in December 1999 and is a member of Metro Vancouver Regional District and the Islands Trust.
The Interim Library Director plays a key role in the cultural life of the community. We are seeking someone who will:
- Manage the services and operation of the Library
- Assist the Board of the Library and implement its policies
- Assure transparent and effective management of the budget
- Direct the staff and volunteers of the Library
- Manage the collection for the benefit of Island residents
- Direct Library resources to objectives defined by the Board
- Ensure that the Bowen Island community views the Library as responsive to community needs
- Manage the Library as an attractive and safe environment
- Maintain the Library's relationships with other organizations
Education, Training, and Experience
- Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent from an ALA accredited Library School.
- Minimum of two years of administrative and supervisory experience managing a public library, public library branch or public library department.
- Additional training in management and leadership is preferred.
- Suitable equivalencies will be considered.
Please visit our website at https://bowenlibrary.ca/about-us/library-information/job-opportunities/ for the full job description.
Job Status: Interim full-time position starting mid-August 2021 and ending September 9, 2022
Salary range: $65,000 - $73,000 annual
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references via e-mail to: email@example.com attention Susan Munro
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.