Planning Consultant or Contractor - Town of Comox
Town of Comox
Planning Consultant or Contractor
Term Planning Position:
Contractor, Consultant, or Full/Part Time Employee
Comox, located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, boasts a seaside location, mountainous horizon, and rich farmlands throughout the Comox Valley. With a temperate year-round climate, a population of approximately 14,800, nearby forests, unsurpassed recreational opportunities, beaches and the ocean, Comox offers every enjoyable pursuit imaginable and lends itself to a quality of life that one would consider outstanding.
The Town of Comox invites expressions of interest for a Planning Consultant or Contractor to join our team. This opportunity for part-time or full-time employment is for a term of up to 18 months and involves work flexibility with remote work options. The Town is willing to hire the successful candidate as a consultant, contractor, or temporary full or part time employee.
The call for expression of interest will remain open until the Town’s needs are met, with the funding currently approved until the end of 2022. Salary and benefits or consultancy fee are negotiable.
This position reports to the Director of Development Services and involves the following:
- Processing of complex development applications and undertaking of Planning Studies (e.g. rezoning and development permit for infill multi-family, subdivision application processing, and studies such as short term rental regulation review, and climate change adaptation strategy)
- Drafting of reports, bylaws for Council consideration
- Designing and undertaking public consultation events
An ideal candidate’s qualifications and experience will include the following, however the Town is willing to consider other qualification based on the applications received:
- University Masters degree in Land Use Planning or University Bachelors Degree in Land Use Planning and related University Masters Degree;
- Ability to efficiently perform complex technical and professional research and analysis;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant provincial legislation and municipal bylaws and policies;
- Ability to accurately read maps, legal surveys and development plans, including site plans, landscape plans and building elevation drawings;
- Two to five years municipal planning experience;
- Member or eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia.
Kindly forward your expression of interest, resume, desired type of employment, and contact information for three references, which may be contacted in preparing a short list, via email to LPesklevits@comox.ca
For more information, please visit our website at www.comox.ca