Electric Mobility Specialist - Transportation Planner 1 (Project: Up to 1-year) - City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Electric Mobility Specialist - Transportation Planner 1
(Project: Up to 1-year)
Are you looking for a career that will help build a community? We are currently recruiting for a Transportation Planner to join our dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals. You will play a key role in advancing the City’s transportation electrification goals and in supporting the implementation of the City of Surrey’s Electric Vehicle Strategy.
In this role you will:
- Implement community-based projects from the EV Strategy action plan
- You will help coordinate a ride-hailing electrification demonstration project in cooperation with the ride-hailing operators and EV charging equipment providers. This would be the first Canadian demonstration project of this type.
- You will lend your expertise in implementing an equity-focused electric car sharing demonstration project involving community and private partners and including the installation of curbside charging locations.
- Engage the public by participating in public outreach and special events.
- Work closely with our Building Division to develop technical bulletins and to streamline permitting and inspection processes for residential/commercial EV infrastructure.
- Research and develop design standards for public EV charging infrastructure.
- Review designs and reports prepared by consultants and partners.
- Research and provide recommendations on projects, policies and programs.
- Explore non-financial incentives for EV drivers, as a means of accelerating EV adoption.
- Liaise with staff and partner groups in relation to EV infrastructure best-practices.
Along with a real passion for transportation, we'd like you to have:
- A Master’s Degree in planning, engineering, sustainability, resource management, or a related discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in a transportation or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience and knowledge with the implementation of EV, carsharing, and ride-hailing programs would be considered a strong asset.
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation is considered an asset.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
- You have an interest shared electric mobility and next generation transportation.
- You have considerable knowledge of transportation planning methodologies.
- You have demonstrated experience with multi-stakeholder engagement.
- You have the ability to integrate diverse technical input and interests and facilitate multi-disciplinary collaboration.
- You have demonstrated program implementation and project management skills.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills.
- You have advanced customer service and public relation skills.
- You are a dedicated member of the team and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are passionate about researching and using data to help craft policy and evaluate the effectiveness of programs
Apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers