Water/Wastewater Operator II/III - Municipal District of Lesser Slave River
Water/Wastewater Operator II/IIIMunicipal District of Lesser Slave River #124
MD of Lesser Slave River
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is currently seeking two full-time Water/Wastewater Operators to join our team, with a supervisor role possible depending on experience. In order to support our Level 3 facility appropriately, one position must be Level III Wastewater Treatment Certified. The incumbents will assist with daily operation and maintenance of facilities three hours north of Edmonton, among the vast boreal forest territory. The position includes monitoring and reporting as per Alberta Environment Codes and Regulations and applicable Codes of Practice. The municipality has three water treatment facilities, seven water distribution facilities, and three wastewater collection and treatment facilities.
The preferred candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Alberta Environment Certifications as follows:
- Level II Water Treatment
- Level II or Level III Wastewater Treatment (one position requires Level III certification)
- Level II Water Distribution
- Level II Wastewater Collection
- 8+ years’ experience as a plant operator or foreman
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs, with the ability to independently create and edit a variety of documents and spreadsheets
- Superior social, communication, and relationship management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Grade 12 diploma
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
- Prior supervisory training and experience – asset
- Mechanically inclined; experience with plumbing, electrical, underground utility work – asset
- Experience with GIS systems – asset
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive compensation/benefits package, a variety of developmental opportunities, and the opportunity to make a real difference within a growing and dynamic organization.
April 30, 2021
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Competition WW21-01” in the subject line. This competition will remain open until April 30, 2021 or until suitable candidates are hired.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Municipal District of Lesser Slave River no.124
Box 722 Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0