General Manager, Finance, Legal, & Legislative Services - City of Abbotsford
General Manager, Finance, Legal, & Legislative Services
Located in the picturesque Fraser Valley, an hour outside of Vancouver, the City of Abbotsford is the fifth-largest municipality in BC with a population of approximately 141,000. Surrounded by majestic mountains and working fields, Abbotsford offers a rural charm and friendly small-town hospitality within a fast-paced urban cityscape that boasts a flair for trade, commerce, and entertainment. Young families and working professionals continue to relocate to Abbotsford, drawn by the affordable real estate, booming economy, and superior quality of life.
To learn more, please visit the City of Abbotsford’s website.
The Opportunity: General Manager, Finance, Legal, & Legislative Services
As the General Manager, Financial, Legal and Legislative Services (“GM”), and a member of the City of Abbotsford Strategic Leadership Team, the GM will arrive at a pivotal period of time to oversee the financial, legal, legislative, and administrative activities of the municipality as it establishes itself as one of Canada’s great mid-sized cities. The City must ensure residents continue to experience a superior quality of life as the city continues its unprecedented growth. The new GM must ensure the City is fiscally responsible and seen as a good steward of public funds. In addition to Financial responsibilities, the new GM will also oversee Legislative Services, Property, Risk Management, Legal Services, and Procurement for the City.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of best practices, policies, principles, and techniques for effective public administration management;
- Comprehensive knowledge of appropriate statutes, bylaws, regulations, policies, and legislation related to the successful operation of the City of Abbotsford;
- Similarly comprehensive knowledge of the various functions, operations, and mandates of City departments and management groups;
- Senior experience in more than one sector considered an asset, as well as the ability to provide strategic counsel and institution-wide global perspectives; and
- Ability to exercise sound, reasonable judgment in processing, responding to, and resolving a wide range of administrative, technical, policy, and overall management matters.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422