Program Lead, Homelessness - City of Richmond
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Program Lead, Homelessness
Job ID: 2021-0054
$81,985 - $102,481 annually
The City of Richmond is currently looking for a regular full-time Program Lead, Homelessness. Reporting to the Director, Community Social Development the Program Lead, Homelessness will play a leadership role in developing new City policies, programs and partnerships that enhance the City’s response to homelessness. This position will provide specific expertise related to policy development, collaboration with external stakeholders and outreach in relation to preventing and addressing homelessness. Examples of key work activities include:
- Leading policy, planning and research initiatives to identify priorities for City involvement in addressing homelessness.
- Advocating and planning for new supportive housing developments that meet the needs of individuals experiencing homelessness in Richmond.
- Working with other municipal departments to lead an integrated City-wide response to homeless encampments on public land, and liaising with individuals experiencing homelessness to provide referrals related to supports, housing, health and safety.
- Working with City departments and key stakeholders to advance the actions within the Council-adopted Homelessness Strategy.
- Coordinating with local service providers and outreach workers to lead outreach activities at City facilities, while monitoring service provision to identify potential process improvements.
- Collaborating with other City departments to develop and implement effective approaches to public engagement and communication that raise awareness of issues related to homelessness in Richmond.
- Representing the City on external committees and working groups related to homelessness.
- Engaging with individuals who are experiencing homelessness and/or have lived experience to understand their challenges and support them in securing housing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in preventing and addressing homelessness.
- Knowledge and experience with current housing and homelessness practices in municipal government and other levels of government.
- Proven ability in the design and development of initiatives, strategies and policies, and able to set priorities for concurrent projects.
- Proven ability to collaborate with external stakeholders, particularly non-profit organizations involved in homelessness service delivery.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including report and grant writing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience consulting, engaging and coordinating with various stakeholder groups.
We are looking for:
Completion of a University degree in a discipline pertinent to the job function such as Planning, Social Planning, or other related discipline. Minimum 5 years of previous experience related to addressing homelessness, affordable housing, working with internal and external stakeholders, project management and strategic planning. Previous experience working in a government setting is an asset.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The closing date for Job ID: 2020045 Homelessness Coordinator is 11:59pm, March 19, 2021.