Communications & Marketing Specialist - Rural Municipality of Springfield
Rural Municipality of Springfield
Communications & Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Specialist
Union / Non-Union: Non-Union
Reports to: CAO
Weekly Hours: 25 - 35 hrs / week, 1-year term w/t possibility for extension.
Date: February 1, 2021
Wage Level: Level 2, Step 1
Position Summary:Reporting directly to the CAO, the Communications & Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the development, management and coordination of the Municipality’s internal and external communications programs. This position will develop and implement a multi-faceted marketing and communication strategy including, but not limited to, planning and creating engaging and informative content such as video, presentations, website, social media and written literature.
- Develop and coordinate the Municipality’s public information programs, press releases, and promotional materials including print and non-print materials;
- Develop and maintain an engaging social media presence, manage content for the Municipal website and other social media platforms;
- Development, delivery and evaluation of internal communication strategies, materials, campaigns and projects.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to develop communications strategies including well-crafted public messaging on a project basis or as needed;
- Plan, write, edit and review content for a variety of internal and external communication mediums;
- Ensure brand consistency and create content rich publications including an Annual Report, marketing materials, media briefings, letterhead, brochures etc. for production in both print and digital formats;
- Develop a marketing budget that supports ongoing marketing strategies.
- Shall perform related work and duties, as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- University or College degree in Communications, Marketing or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Experience in business writing and the creation of compelling publications;
- Skill and experience in organizational electronic communication technology, desktop publishing and web- based technology;
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, data base and web-based programs;
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
Knowledge Skills and abilities:
- Resourceful person with demonstrated success developing and managing budgets in alignment with corporate strategy;
- Proven skills, knowledge and expertise in designs and execution of marketing, communications and public activities;
- Experience working with a diverse group of clients, partners and stakeholders, and ability to foster and grow relationships;
- Strategic and innovative thinker with excellent analytical skills that can help create a stronger brand presence, improve customer experience and positively impact corporate brand, reputation and awareness;
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking, comfortable working with ambiguity, exceptional communication skills, naturally and comfortably team orientated and enjoys collaboration;
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
submit a resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. February 28, 2021 to:
RM of Springfield
Attention: Human Resources Department
“Communications & Marketing Specialist”
Box 219, Oakbank MB
Phone: 204 444-3321
Fax: 204 444-2137
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.