Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) - Fort Good Hope
Charter Community of K’asho Got’ine in Fort Good Hope, NT.
Senior Administrative Officer (SAO)
The Charter Community of K’asho Got’ine in Fort Good Hope, NT, has an employment opportunity for a Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) with at least five (5) years’ experience at senior management level, especially in a municipal government.
Reporting directly to the Mayor and Council, the SAO is responsible for providing policy advice to Chief and Council and directing staff in the implementation of policies and programs of the municipality in compliance with applicable legislations.
The Senior Administrative Officer is responsible for:
- Implementing the policies, programs, and directions of Chief and Council.
- Supervising and directing the day-to-day operations of the municipality.
- Provide advice and support to Chief and Council.
- Preparation of accurate and timely O&M and Capital Budgets and financial reports.
- Enforcing all active Municipal Bylaws.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary degree in public administration, accounting, or business.
- A minimum of five (5) years senior management experience, especially in a municipal government environment.
- Experience in implementing human resource plans and personnel management policies.
- Ability to provide sound advice and communicate effectively at all levels of government.
- Familiarity with NWT legislation relevant to municipalities.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Must be bondable – A criminal record check would be required.
The Charter government offers a competitive salary and benefit package based upon qualification and experience. Housing will be available at a reasonable cost.
Qualified persons please submit resume and cover letter to:
The Senior Administrative Officer
Charter Community of K’asho Got’ine
P.O. Box 80
Fort Simpson NT, X0E 0H
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax 867-598-2024
Closing Date: Open until filled.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.