Manager, Facilities Services - Regional District of Nanaimo
The Organization: Regional District of Nanaimo
The Regional District of Nanaimo (“RDN”) is a regional district located on the eastern coast of Vancouver Island which provides a range of regional governance and municipal services to its member communities, cities, First Nations, and electoral areas. Communities within the regional federation include the municipalities of Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, and Qualicum Beach, as well as seven unincorporated Electoral Areas.
To learn more, please visit RDN’s website.
Manager, Facilities Services
The Manager, Facilities Services (“Manager”) is responsible for the planning, development, maintenance, and strategy for corporate assets related to facilities. The incumbent oversees the strategic delivery of asset planning, and develops and manages the implementation of District-wide programs including environmental and sustainability initiatives, input into capital projects, as well as fleet acquisition and maintenance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Management, Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in facilities management and two to three (2-3) years of experience in strategic asset management or a related field;
- Relevant certifications in facilities management, including FMP, CFM, BOMI-HP, P. Eng, AIBC, etc.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to be diplomatic and persuasive to internal and external stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of procurement practices including contract tenders, bidding, specification preparation, etc. is an asset.
- A creative problem-solver who brings innovative solutions to new and recurring problems.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: James Laing or Tony Kirschner Leaders International Executive Search #880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5 Phone: (604) 688-8422