Principal Consultant – Implementation Services - Work Remotely - F. H. Black & Company Incorporated
F. H. Black & Company Incorporated
F. H. Black & Company Incorporated
Principal Consultant – Implementation Services
WORK REMOTELY - FOREVER
We are looking for a motivated, creative, highly technically-skilled individual with excellent time-management skills capable of working in a principal consultant role with minimal supervision who is excited about a challenge and wants to work remotely - FOREVER.
“From the beginning I have felt a part of a team, valued for what I could bring to the table even as a new staff member. I feel valued, challenged and encouraged. From my first day, the tone was set that we are a collaborative group of professionals, and despite working remotely from one another, there is still a feeling of a cohesive team.”
For over 25 years, FH Black & Company has implemented, integrated, and optimized industry-leading tools and best practices to improve our clients' finance function. Our mission is to enable finance to do more with less, do it better than it was done before, and do it faster. Our clients are governments, universities, corporations, and public practice accounting firms across Canada and the United States.
- Thrive on challenges?
- Dislike "the same-old-same-old"?
- Like to work outside your comfort zone, doing interesting and difficult things?
- Often find yourself saying, "There has to be a better way of doing this"?
- Need to be continuously learning and evolving?
- Achieve great satisfaction in helping others and providing creative solutions to challenging problems?
- Want to be led, not micro-managed?
- Value flexibility? Flexibility to live anywhere in the world and the freedom to relocate whenever it suits you?
- Loath commuting and being stuck in traffic, wasting your time?
If you answered yes to all the above, you are a great fit for our firm's culture and should read on.
Still here? Now, how about your technical attributes?
- A CPA designation,
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in public sector or corporate finance,
- A proven ability to learn and master technology,
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience with one or more of the following:
- CaseWare Working Papers, Financials & Connector
- Workiva Wdesk & Wdata
- IGM Gravity
- Project management experience,
- The capacity to solve complex challenges, within a defined framework and timeline,
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills. You are a regular, clear, concise and professional communicator,
- The ability to effectively use the entire MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint,
- A knack for building solid relationships; people want to work with you,
- Impeccable attention to detail and high standards for quality and creativity,
- Solid time management skills, we don’t believe in micro-managing our people,
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
The perfect candidate will also possess:
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- CaseWare Idea,
- Blackline's Continuous Accounting platform,
- Balancing Act budget simulations platform,
- Questica Budget,
- Accreditation as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience programming
As a principal consultant, you will work on a team to improve our client's finance and budget office business processes. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Implementation and support respecting industry-leading tools from CaseWare, Workiva, IGM, Blackline & BalancingAct.
- Development and delivery of standard and customized training
- Diverse, ongoing consulting services
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- Work remotely - from home or with a laptop & WiFi from wherever you can take a VOIP call!
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision care coverage
- Fitness and professional development reimbursement