Program Coordinator – Arts - City of New Westminster
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Program Coordinator – Arts
Office of the CAO
Auxiliary (maternity leave coverage 12 to 18 months)
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Approximately 35 hours per week*
$30.99 to $36.45/hour (2019 rates) plus 12% in lieu of benefits
The City of New Westminster has an amazing opportunity for an Arts Program Coordinator on a temporary basis to cover a maternity leave.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Arts and Theatre, the successful candidate will work within a community engagement framework to develop, schedule and administer arts programs and workshops at Anvil Centre and other community venues as well as plan and facilitate arts-based initiatives and community events in collaboration with local arts organizations, artists and community partners. The incumbent will supervise program staff and instructors; establish relationships and liaise with a variety of internal and external partners; promote and publicize program activities; and assist in the preparation and monitoring of program budgets.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A University or College degree or diploma in community recreation, fine arts, museology or education, plus sound related experience in arts program development – an equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of non-formal teaching methods and group leadership techniques, and best practices in arts programming for all ages and levels of experience.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in recruiting, orienting, training, and supervising staff and volunteers
- Experience in developing and administering arts programs, workshops and outreach events, preferably within a municipal setting
- A talent for communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- A demonstrated ability to build positive relationships within and outside the organization and promote public interest and participation in programs
- A knack for numbers to prepare and monitor program budgets
- A natural ability to collaborate with other staff members in planning, organizing and coordinating community-wide events and programs
- A skill to prepare and maintain records, reports and correspondence related to the work
- Experience in membership management software (e.g., Perfect Mind)
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- The ability to work non-standard hours as operationally required
- The ability to pass and maintain a satisfactory Police Information Check (PIC)
* This position works non-standard work hours.
A regular work schedule of Tuesday to Saturday 830am-430pm is required, with seasonal adjustments to meet programming needs.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume quoting competition #21-04, by January 26, 2021 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: 604-527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada