Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It’s a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canadian Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
We are currently recruiting for the right person to fill the position of Parks Superintendent. The Parks Superintendent is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Parks section. This position focuses on overseeing parks community development initiatives and overall leading and facilitation of community planning and design within the section. While managing a number of projects, this position is responsible for communication and public relations, risk and safety management, and a number of other administrative responsibilities including contract management, budgeting, and policy development.
Ideally to fill this role, you will have a minimum of five years’ experience in a parks management and program service delivery that must include demonstrated innovation, financial and staff management achievements and experience in senior management in a Parks & Public Works delivery system with a demonstrated ability to put together successful delivery teams and to facilitate community development approach to service delivery.
In addition you will have:
- Thorough knowledge of Arboriculture, Ecology, Biodiversity & Reclamation.
- Good judgment in making decisions
- Able to work independently and as part of a committed team.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to speak and write effectively.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish relationships and act with respect and integrity.
Specific Demands of the Job:
- This work involves multiple concurrent and frequently changing priorities with tight time constraints, the potential for extended work hours, multi-level discussions of high-profile issues in an environment of knowledgeable experts, and the need to maintain composure, impartiality, and a professional attitude in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Frequently required to work in situations of high intensity requiring strong problem solving skills, strategic thinking and decisive action.
- Considerable community work and contact with community organizations and individuals during noon hours, evening and weekend hours. Attendance at evening meetings and out-of-town events.
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive salary of $98,515 to $123.144 per annum and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
We welcome applications until January 29, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your application to email@example.com.