Weight Room Attendant - City of Abbotsford
Weight Room Attendant
TERM CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Abbotsford Parks, Recreation, and Culture Facilities
Weight Room Attendant
Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings on Weekdays & Weekends
Winter 2021 (January)
We are looking for qualified fitness experts to work the Winter Season in the Weight Rooms at ARC and MRC as Weight Room Attendants. Opportunities for substituting for Fitness classes where certifications are met may be available.
Under the supervision of the Community Recreation and Fitness Supervisor team, the Weight Room Attendant is responsible to ensure enjoyable experiences for participants and deliver excellence in customer service and fitness information. As a weight room attendant you will ensure the cleanliness and safety of the weight room, while interacting with the community patrons on fitness goals and other areas of health: Social, Physical, Mental, & Emotional while they visit our facilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with community members in regards to recreation questions.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Maintain a clean and welcoming environment to community of Abbotsford
- Communicate with CR & Fitness Supervisor team on regular basis
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Current BCRPA Fitness Theory Certification & Weight Room Certification or equivalent
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Emergency First Aid, CPR ‘C’ & AED certification
These term contract opportunities require a satisfactory criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
The hourly rate of pay for the weight room attendant is $15.38 per hour. Other Fitness opportunities available will have rates associated with applicable contract.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Wendy Cramer at: email@example.com
The closing date for this posting is February 28, 2021; however, applicants will be contacted throughout the posting dates.
To submit a resume please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers