Support Technician - Fraser Valley Regional District
November 20, 2020
We have an exciting opportunity in our IT Department for a Support Technician whose people skills are as sharp as their tech skills. This position liaises with staff at all levels in our organization and plays a key role in making sure we are a well-oiled machine.
Under the direction of the Manager of IT, GIS and FDM, the Support Technician will provide technical support to the IT Department, which could include data maintenance, computer hardware and software installations, and network and computer technical resolutions. The Support Technician will focus on providing friendly, helpful and knowledgeable technical support to staff and elected officials.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. If you have a can-do attitude, problem-solving skills and a customer-service focus then this position could be perfect for you.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of Grade 12, preferably a diploma in computer sciences from a technical institute or college or six months experience in a related position, GIS knowledge and understanding is a helpful asset.
- Working knowledge of the operation of computer software, hardware and their relationship to the customer.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer networks and the components that make up a network and how they relate to one another.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain computer software and hardware in an analytical and logical manner.
- Ability to trouble shoot, document, and resolve computer hardware and software problems.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Good public relations skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
The start rate for this full-time Union position is $24.17 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the rate will increase to $28.43 per hour.
If this opportunity excites you, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-53 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on January 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.