NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week
Salary range $97,736 to $107,754
The New Westminster Police Department provides public safety to the residents and businesses of the City of New Westminster, a municipality comprising of a population of over 70,000 citizens. The mission of the New Westminster Police Department is to establish a safe community by reducing crime while enhancing safety and quality of life for the public we serve. We are in search of an Accounting professional to join our committed and passionate team of sworn and civilian staff. Reporting to the Inspector of the Administration Division, this position manages the activities of and supervises employees engaged in the accounting and purchasing functions in the Police Department. In addition, this position oversees and coordinates facility operations and works in conjunction with the City of New Westminster for facility maintenance and projects related to facility infrastructure.
- Completion of a recognized professional accounting degree, preferably a C.A., a C.G.A., or C.M.A and a minimum of five years of related experience of a supervisory nature. Working knowledge of JD Edwards and KRONOS is considered an asset.
- Membership in good standing with a recognized professional accounting body.
- Thorough knowledge of Municipal finance and accounting principles, practices, procedures and systems, including budgeting best practices and auditing requirements.
- Ability to perform detailed analyses and to prepare annual, periodic and special reports and statements pertinent to financial and administrative matters, including reports required by established legislation.
- Provides financial advice to the Senior Management Team that support the department’s strategic initiatives and participates in the strategic planning process as it related to police finances.
- Demonstrated ability to present reports to a senior management audience including a governing body such as a Police Board.
- Thorough knowledge of effective management techniques and labour relations practices related to the supervision of employees including selection, training, coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- Considerable knowledge of financial accounting systems and PC applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement administrative and financial system procedures in conjunction with the City of New Westminster Finance Department and ability to train staff on new procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to select, train, motivate, coach, direct and evaluate staff engaged in financial services duties; and clearly articulate to staff, goals, roles and expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and review contracts and service agreements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, officials and various internal and external contacts; to employ contemporary service excellence principles.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in resolving problems.
- Ability to pass and maintain a police security clearance.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter quoting competition #20-P8, by November 4, 2020 to the New Westminster Police Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The New Westminster Police Department is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals