Building Official III
City of Colwood
Building Official III
POSTING ID #:
BUILDING OFFICIAL III
BUILDING & BYLAW
FULL TIME REGULAR, UNION POSITION
Pay Grade #19 $51.82/hr (2020 rate)
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 5pm
A comprehensive benefits plan as per the terms of the Collective Agreement.
The City of Colwood has an opportunity for a FULL TIME REGULAR BUILDING OFFICIAL III. This is a UNION position with CUPE, local 374.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Building Inspections & Bylaw Services; the incumbent reviews and processes building permit applications, ensuring the design of the proposed construction meets the requirements of applicable codes, bylaws and regulations.
Carries out onsite inspections of all types of buildings for compliance with relevant regulations, takes action as necessary to ensure all deficiencies and/or infractions are corrected.
The position also has responsibilities for assisting in the development review process for proposals that are being dealt with by the Engineering, Planning and Fire departments in the absence of the Manager of Building & Bylaw.
A complete job description is available at www.colwood.ca/careers
- Completion of grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in a local government building department performing building and plumbing inspection.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have an Interprovincial Ticket in Carpentry or Plumbing and/or a Diploma of Building Technology from a recognized educational institution.
- Membership in the Building Officials Association of B.C.
- Building Officials Association of B.C Level 3 Certification.
- Plumbing Officials Association of B.C Level 1. (Level 2 Preferred)
- Valid Class 5 B.C Driver’s License; a satisfactory current driver’s abstract required.
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
Using the subject line POSTING ID# COC20201001_BO, please submit your resume and cover letter, in confidence, to James Nyhus, Manager of Building Inspections and Bylaw Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm on Thursday, October 22, 2020.