Legislative Services Clerk
Legislative Services Clerk #180
Closing Date: September 27, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
We are seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented person who wants to become part of our dynamic Legislative Services team. This permanent, full-time opportunity involves varied administrative and clerical work that supports the business of City Council. We are committed to a high standard of accuracy and transparency in our service delivery, and work to foster a strong team atmosphere.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Records meeting minutes for various meetings as required.
- Assists with Council meeting logistics, including equipment set-up and operations, distribution and preparation of agendas and materials.
- Responds to inquiries from the public, outside agencies, Council, and internal City departments regarding Council meetings, bylaws, policies, procedures, and other City information, and refers enquiries where appropriate.
- Assists the Corporate Officer and Legislative Services Supervisor in an administrative capacity, relieving them of routine administrative duties.
- Assists with logging and classifying files and documents into the City’s records management system.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in basic Word and basic Excel, as demonstrated through testing. 70% pass rate required.
- Proficient in proof-reading and grammar, as demonstrated through testing.
- Completion of formal training in minute taking (i.e. Eli Mina or its equivalent) or demonstrated proficiency in recording meeting minutes, as demonstrated through testing.
- Minimum two years' recent (within the last five years) experience in an administrative or clerical role.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday Summer 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m./Winter 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Legislative Services
Legislative Services Supervisor
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.