President and Chief Executive Officer
Acho Dene Koe
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Fort Liard, Northwest Territories
Board of Directors
Acho Dene Koe First Nation’s traditional territory and waters span three jurisdictions: British Columbia, the Yukon Territory, and the Northwest Territories. The First Nation is currently negotiating modern treaties in British Columbia, Yukon, and with self-government and land claim negotiations in Northwest Territories with the Government of Canada.
Our main community is currently settled in Fort Liard, Northwest Territories. Our members continue to use and occupy our Traditional Territory as a whole.
We adhered to Treaty 11 and we assert Aboriginal rights, including title, throughout our Traditional Territory.
Acho Dene Koe First Nation owns several entities and assets under one umbrella entity – ADK Holdings Ltd. ADK Holdings Ltd. has interests in oil and gas development and reclamation, construction, camps and catering, drilling, energy transmission, real estate, heavy hauling, crane services, aviation, and future potential in forestry.
This senior leadership position is responsible for providing strategic direction and advice to the Board of Directors. Strategic execution and service delivery excellence will drive optimal organizational change in the various business entities.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be expected to live in Fort Liard, Northwest Territories will be responsible for overseeing all ADK Holdings Ltd. entities’ day-to-day operations. This includes team building and performance, entity structuring/restructuring to ensure profitable operations, and creating economic and community growth. This will include oversight of the functions of Human Resources, IT, sales, production, and policy development and compliance.
- Lead a team focused on implementing strategies, in alignment with the vision and values of the organization. Set overall direction and vision, coaching and guiding senior managers and dealing with performance management issues of direct reports and others as required. Promote effective employee relations throughout all divisions, encouraging increased morale, innovation, and productivity. Support the development of managerial, professional, technical, and administrative skills through the provision of in-service training, development opportunities and funding for external courses.
- Hiring, performance management, and disciplinary actions
Operational and Financial Results
- Work with the Board of Directors and the Chief Financial Officer to review and regularly report on the financial and operating performance of each entity, taking corrective action where necessary including restructuring
- Provide the appropriate level of risk management. Ensure budget requests and budget deviance are consistent with operating objectives while maintaining optimum cost-benefit relationships and efficiency. Ensure that development, presentation and implementation of appropriate policies, practices, and procedures are aligned with the strategic vision while preserving high quality service.
- Execute a board-led strategy to manage or liquidate underperforming assets
- Oversee all business entities ensuring that each is operating efficiently, by generating optimal revenues and minimizing unnecessary expenses
- Establish a culture in the entities for strong governance and controls, supported by policies
- Adhere to all internal administrative systems and standard practices for business development, financial reporting, and human resource management
Economic and Community Growth
- Negotiate and execute mutually beneficial business partnerships with Government, industry, and local entities
- Actively search out, promote, and develop economically viable growth opportunities in any sector for both ADK Holdings Ltd. and the Acho Dene First Nation community overall
- Build and nurture strong relationships with business leaders, community leaders, business/investor prospects and the public.
- Liaise with other private sector organizations to exchange information, acquire knowledge, and enhance experience for the benefit of the organization.
- Compose and deliver speeches and presentations to impact positive outcomes.
Champion of Change
- Collaborate with senior leaders, institute best practices, and inspire teams to be innovative to support the mandate of organization wide accountability.
- Lead customer service excellence to deliver optimal results in strategic planning, human resources, technology, and continuous improvement for increased efficiencies across all companies under the authority of ADK Holdings Ltd.
Other relevant duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Years’ experience in business management at an Executive or senior manager level with 5+ years’ experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets
Completion of a bachelor’s degree, with preference given to a master’s degree, in a relevant discipline, supplemented by additional and appropriate coursework in areas such as resource management, leadership, or management
Strong financial skills including budgeting and business planning
Experience building teams
Experience working in a First Nation’s business setting
Knowledge and experience in working with development corporations, private industry, community, and business economic development
Experience leading organizational or operational change
Experience managing a diverse portfolio of projects, and a proven history of meeting prescribed deadline and deliverables within identified budgets
Experience in complex business negotiations
$90,000 - $120,000
RRSP Match, company housing
We value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion which creates an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, email your cover letter/resume to:
ADK Holdings Ltd.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 2, 2020.
Position competition will be considered open until a suitable candidate is hired.
No phone inquiries will be accepted by the employer during the competition period. Thank you.
Please note that only applicants who have the legal right to work in Canada will be considered at this time, as we are unable to provide sponsorship, especially considering the current COVID-19 restrictions.
ADK HOLDINGS LTD I ADK CORPORATE GROUP
Fort Liard, NT X0G 0A0
Tel: (867) 770-4571