Network Security Analyst
Network Security AnalystRegular Full Time
$43.70 - $51.63 per hour
August 9, 2020
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Do you enjoy working with technology in a challenging and dynamic environment?
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services this position will maintain and enhance the security of the City’s computer and communications network. You will be responsible for the development and design of security architecture and governance, as well as making recommendations for remediation and mitigation related to cyber security risks and will take a large part in security incident response actions. The successful candidate will also provide advice and assistance to users and departmental staff on cyber security matters and maintaining a current awareness of security, computing and communications industry developments.
A little bit about you:
You will hold a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems and Network Security including Network Certification in the City’s chosen technology, plus have considerable related experience, including network security management in a senior capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of security architecture and cyber security standards.
- Thorough knowledge of network security practices and techniques including antivirus, IPS, and firewalls configuration and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of email, web, cloud security, identity and access management.
- Considerable knowledge of public key infrastructure, encryption, and tokenization.
- Considerable knowledge of vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Considerable knowledge of security threat and risk assessment and threat modeling.
- Considerable knowledge of security event and incident management.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.