Planning TechnicianRegular Full Time
$37.05 – $43.70 per hour
July 12, 2020
The City of Maple Ridge is looking to add a key member to our Development & Environmental section in the Planning Department. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated individual to join a team in a busy municipality experiencing significant development interest and activity!
What is the scope of the work?
This is a technical position at a semi-professional level. Accuracy is of major importance as the work may form the basis for important decisions in municipal planning. You will prepare reports, recommend solutions to planning problems and interpret zoning and other bylaws. You will also be required to process a variety of planning applications and deal effectively with the public.
Interested? Great…..the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of planning practices, municipal bylaws applicable to work performed, ideally with 2 or more years of related experience.
- Knowledge of urban design principles and practices.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret mapping (topographical, cadastral, planimetric, etc.), engineering and architectural plans, and understand specifications.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise written reports to City Council or other municipal bodies.
- Ability to operate MS Windows based programs.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers license
A University degree in a planning-related discipline such as Environmental Studies, Urban Geography plus related office experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.