Municipal District of Greenview
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed-wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of all Municipal owned and operated buildings, property and security systems.
- Monitor and maintain all Municipal facilities.
- Perform minor maintenance as required.
- Monitor condition and perform or recommend to Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance to arrange for maintenance of HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Review and assist with recommendations for yearly maintenance inspections.
- Ensure all emergency alarm and security systems are functioning as designed at all times.
- Responsible for performing snow removal to permit safe access to and from parking lots and doorways for all Municipal owned and operated facilities.
- Responsible for manual snow shoveling as required.
- Responsible for performing grounds maintenance for all Municipal facilities.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Operate various equipment on a relief basis, as approved by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance.
- Deliver or coordinate the delivery/redirection of freight to various locations as required.
- Responsible for performing the relocation and installation of office furniture and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Building Trades Certificate is considered an asset.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings and a solid understanding of current construction codes and practices.
- Familiarity with mechanical/HVAC systems.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time constraints.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate equipment and use of tools.
- Use and operation of a vehicle and trailer.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Some physical effort; occasional heavy lifting.
- Some intensive labour duties involved.
- Extensive periods of sitting and standing.
- Subject to working in outdoor environment – heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees and wildlife.
- Subject to working with hand tools and electrical tools.
- Extensive use and operation of a vehicle.
- Exposed to working in a high noise environment.
- Subject to cuts, scrapes, falls, burns and blows.
- Hazards associated with working on or alongside roadways.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
- Required to wear correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
September 26, 2020
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) and resume to:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079, Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote the position in the subject line)
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.