Supervisor, Financial Planning
Supervisor, Financial Planning
(Permanent - 3 Positions)
Financial Services Department
Regional Municipality Of Wood Buffalo
Position Type/ Hours:
These are permanent full-time positions working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Financial Planning Branch of the Financial Services Department. These positions are located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
The Supervisor, Financial Planning is responsible for assisting the Manager, Financial Planning with developing role of departmental financial analysts and senior financial analysts to ensure consistent service delivery to client departments, other internal and external customers. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Employee Development: Performs supervisory tasks for assigned team members. Works with team to plan and balance workload. Ensures teams are managed fairly and consistently and that work processes are followed and coordinated to ensure service levels. Mentors, coaches, and provides support to staff.
Research and Implementation: Participates in the continuous research, development, improvement, and implementation of effective departmental strategies, tools, and guidelines based on applicable legislation, policy, industry standards, and best practices. Analyzes the effectiveness of departmental programs and makes suggestions for further improvement. Provides input to department business plans, initiatives, and budget to ensure continuous achievement of department goals.
Departmental Guidance: Monitors the decentralized model of providing financial planning/analytical services. Coordinates the process of divisional operating and capital budgeting, and management reporting. Reviews financial statements for reporting the financial results of programs. Reviews and approves divisional monthly journal entries and reconciliations. Reviews and coordinates monthly, quarterly, and year end accounting functions to satisfy reporting deadlines. Leads and manages divisional training programs offered in the various finance functions. Supervises the process for requesting budget adjustments.
- Degree in business or related field, and a recognized professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA) required.
- Five (5) years’ accounting experience with a minimum of two (2) years related supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Ability to empower people and use innovative approaches in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands.
- Ability to lead five (5) or more people with good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and collaborative skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to assess situations from a business perspective.
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both technical and user-friendly language, including instructional, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Adherence to administrative directives, policy, and legal requirements.
- Extensive use of spreadsheet applications.
- Well versed in project accounting and ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines.
- Valid Class Five (5) driver’s licence is required as incumbent may be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-an extensive employer paid benefits plan
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
July 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Internal & External (Posted: June 20, 2020)
To apply: Please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.