City of Medicine Hat
Are you an Engineering Technologist who is ready to be part of a dynamic team that provides design, analysis, and engineering support for municipal water and wastewater operations?
As our ideal candidate, you are a professional team player with strong communication skills driven by providing top quality service. Working with engineering, field operations and maintenance teams, your primary role will be to review infrastructure plans and inspect construction projects for compliance to standards. You build effective working relationships with various stakeholders, including the contractors and internal staff alike. You have the ability to perform physical work, and are able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in order to oversee inspection activities. If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Engineering Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline (Civil, Drafting, Water Resource, and/or Environmental).
- Certification in Alberta Environment Water Distribution Level 2 and Alberta Environment Wastewater Collection Level 2 or ability to obtain.
- 2 years directly related experience in field surveying and water and wastewater engineering or 2 years related experience as Compliance Technologist I or equivalent.
- Membership (or eligibility) Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists – C.E.T. eligible.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Current Standard First Aid and Defensive Driving course or ability to obtain.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits including learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We welcome applications until July 8, 2020.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.