The City of Dawson
Box 308 Dawson City, YT Y0B 1G0
PH: 867-993-7400 FAX: 867-993-7434
Dawson City, Yukon, is home of the Klondike Gold Rush and the heart of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Traditional Territory; we’re proud of our mining heritage and First Nations roots that run millennia deep. We’re a thriving cultural community—with a post-secondary arts school, several world-renowned festivals, and burgeoning TV and film industry—that borders an outdoor playground sprawling hundreds of kilometres in either direction. We’re a living historic community, with many landscape features and buildings that support our national historic site designation.
Mining, tourism, culture, and our people are the foundation on which our town stands, and we respect personal freedoms and diversity of all definitions. We’re a welcoming town and a great place to make a life and raise a family. Our community has a new hospital and programming and activities that promote healthy lifestyles. We have a recreation centre, curling club, swimming pool, fitness centre, nine-hole golf course, off-leash dog park, and a ski hill. We enjoy an abundance of green spaces, including hiking, biking, and cross-country-ski trails. We also have a K–12 school, Yukon College campus, healthy business community, and numerous groups and organizations in which to get involved.
Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Administrative Officer, this non-union position is responsible for providing senior level administrative support to the CAO. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to: administrative support to council, communications support and records management. The successful candidate should be interested in municipal governance and providing exceptional service to the office of the CAO and council.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating the qualifications outlined below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide.
- Post-secondary education in Office, Public or Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience providing senior level administrative support services, ideally within a municipal or government environment
- Experience with taking meeting minutes is preferred
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and related office software
- Strong knowledge of office administration practices and principles used in a municipal or government setting
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to meet critical and irregular deadlines
- Strong decision making and proactive approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and discretion in managing highly confidential, sensitive or political matters
Applicants able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. A job description is available upon request.
A current resume and cover letter must be received at the City of Dawson Administration Building by 2pm on Monday, June 1, 2020.
Applications to this position may be submitted by mail or email to the following:
Amanda King, Human Resources
PO Box 308
Dawson City, Yukon Y0B 1G0
Salary & Benefits:
Non-Union management position
Salary range of $62,650 - $75,042 plus benefits, in accordance with the Management Employment Bylaw.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about our community and what we have to offer please visit our website at www.cityofdawson.ca