Senior Administrative Officer
Hamlet of Fort ResolutionPO Box 197, Fort Resolution, NWT XOE OMO Phone (867) 394 4556 Fax (867) 394 5415
Senior Administrative Officer (SAO)
Closing Date: July 2, 2020
Employer: Hamlet of Fort Resolution, NT
The Hamlet of Fort Resolution has an employment opportunity for a qualified administrator with at least five (5) years’ experience at senior management level municipal governance to assume the responsibility of a Senior Administrative officer (SAO).
Reporting directly to Mayor and Council, the SAO will provide leadership to management team, encompassing the department of Public Works, Recreation and Culture, Finance, Municipal Enforcement, Fire Protection Services, Environmental and Planning, you will foster a positive, collaboration environment that will promote productivity and innovation in a cross culture setting.
As an accomplished municipal leader, you will bring preferable a University degree in public administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a commitment to supporting the professional development of staff. You will have sound municipal experience in senior management in a senior management position with knowledge of municipal law and practices, financial management, human resources management and labour relations.
The successful applicant will possess (but not limited to) the following qualifications:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in senior management of municipality;
- Formal training in fundamental accounting principles or equivalent work related experience;
- Enhanced management, administrative and financial systems skills;
- Computer accounting skills, preferably on Vadim Software;
- Demonstrated ability to meet performance standards;
- Strategic and long-range planning;
- Community expectation in a changing environment;
- Organizational development and governance;
- Communication and Public Affairs;
- Housing available
This is a permanent full-time non-unionized position. The salary will commensurate with the individual qualification and experience. In addition the Hamlet offers an exceptional benefit and pension package.
Closing Date: Will remain open until filled
Application will be accepted by fax, email, postal mail or at the Hamlet Office at:
Hamlet of Fort Resolution
P.O. Box 197
Fort Resolution, NWT XOE OMO
Fax (867) 394 5415
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.