Municipal District of Greenview
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, Infrastructure and Planning, the Manager, Facility Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance of all Greenview owned and operating buildings, property and security systems.
- Carry out technical investigations, reports, and make recommendations regarding long term planning, as well as specific operating or maintenance functions relating to all Municipal District owned and operated facilities;
- Monitor condition of mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing and electrical controls;
- Ensure all emergency alarm and security systems are functioning as designed at all times;
- Ensure all fire extinguishers are inspected and maintained as required;
- Responsible for grounds maintenance for all Municipal buildings;
- Perform maintenance, and arrange for Contractors to perform various repairs and improvements as required;
- Conduct annual checks on all Facilities;
- Conduct annual checks on all Generator systems;
- Responsible for snow removal to permit safe access to doorways, sidewalks for all Municipal District owned and operated buildings;
- Manage relationships with key vendors;
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels;
- Enhance the Facility procedures, policies, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management;
- Communicate customer issues with the facility team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints;
- Monitors the work and performance of contractors and consultants performing maintenance services;
- Preparation and monitoring of annual budgets, long term financial plans, and cost estimates for all areas of responsibility.
- Organize and perform or coordinate relocation and installation of office furniture and equipment;
- Review and make recommendations for yearly maintenance and janitorial contracts;
- Provide reports to the General Manager;
- Recommends purchases of new equipment in accordance with purchasing policies to the General Manager.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision;
- Building Trades Certificate is desirable;
- A minimum 5 years progressive municipal supervisory or management experience;
- Progressive experience in operational environments involving municipal infrastructure and program performance management;
- Ability to develop and sustain high performing teams while working collaboratively with Senior Management and other municipal departments to optimize program performance, accountability, and overall service delivery;
- A solid understanding of current construction codes and practices;
- Familiarity with HVAC systems;
- Demonstrated ability for effective and efficient service delivery;
- A commitment to workplace health and safety and demonstrated success in developing a "safety" culture in an facility environment;
- Class 5 driver's license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Exceptional leadership skills;
- Ability to think strategically and the ability to develop long range plans;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships;
- Effective conflict resolution skills;
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills;
- Familiarity with databases and geographic information systems;
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with finances and budgets;
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Extensive use of computer and telephone;
- Long periods of sitting;
- Good lighting, temperature and noise control;
- Occasional lifting (maximum 50 pounds), site visits and inspection of projects;
- Subject to working in outdoor environment - heat, cold, dry, dusty and / or wet conditions as well as insects, bees and wildlife;
- Use and operation of a vehicle;
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional after hours or weekend work may be required.
All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations;
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Closing Date: July 27, 2020
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) and resume in one of the following ways:
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079,
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
By E-mail: email@example.com (Please quote the position in the subject line)
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.