WHO YOU ARE
We have an excellent leadership opportunity available, and are looking for an individual who thrives on making a difference, embraces challenges, variety, diversity and our corporate values of respect, integrity, collaboration, accountability and service. Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, the Workforce Manager is responsible for workforce management activities in planning, scheduling and staffing the regular and auxiliary workforces of the Operations Department; developing the auxiliary workforce and maintaining liaison with Human Resources, Payroll, managers and other departments. The Workforce Manager also provides day-to-day direction of the Intraday Coordinators and Workforce Schedulers.
- An ambitious person who has demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast paced, dynamic working environment and ability to prioritize with workload for yourself and for your team?
- A strong communicator and have the people leadership skills to lead your team and operations through change?
- Proactive in making decisions and taking ownership of your action items?
- Curious and always taking the initiative to improve processes?
- Committed to being honest and trustworthy while conducting yourself in a way that is ethical and reliable?
- Resourceful and responsive to internal team members and external clients?
- Innovative, prepared to rally the team and look for solutions when confronted with challenges?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversees staff schedules, coverage needs, manages planned/unplanned and other time off taken by operational staff within the department; approves leave requests of Union employees; ensures adherence to collective agreement provisions, and applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Allocates all staff resources to Operations; integrates auxiliary, new hire work assignments and training schedules.
- Establishes appropriate training schedules in conjunction with the training and development department including cross training, refresher training and mentoring practices.
- Supervises the execution of work in real time from the Intraday Team, which includes maintaining appropriate call response standards and scheduling short-term resources for a variety of unique employee groups.
- Supervises and directs the work of the Workforce Schedulers in ensuring advance and long-term schedules are created, maintained and accurately reflect the centre’s staffing needs on an interval by interval basis.
- Coordinates employee training aspects of Return to Work plans; liaises with employees, Human Resources and the training and development department; prepares schedules and informs employees of plans and expectations.
- Plans staffing responses to events, which affect Operations; liaises with relevant business partners, agencies and internal departments to establish and maintain service levels.
- Ensures the accurate and timely submission of employee time and attendance records to Payroll.
- Produces a variety of statistical and narrative reports including trend analysis.
- Provides recommendations for improving staff allocations, the implementation of new technologies and the enhancement of workforce planning functions.
- Performs related work as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Completion of a diploma in business management plus 3 years’ experience in a call center environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in workforce scheduling
- At least 2 year of supervisory skills, leading a team or group of stakeholders through change
- As a condition of employment at E-Comm, the required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained. This is a process carried out by our law enforcement partner agencies, facilitated by E-Comm.
- Number of positions: Minimum of one 
- Job status: Regular Full-Time
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Employee Group: Management
- Department: Operations
- Location: - Burnaby, BC with travel to Vancouver
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary - with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off - eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Pension - we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development - we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
HOW TO APPLY
Select Apply Now and follow the instructions provided to submit your application.